Thursday, May 7, 2009

Course It's Free! - Free Basic Spanish Lessons 3

Below is lesson 3: Hablar y Decir (you can print it by clicking the link at the bottom of this post).

As I continue to search for websites that offer real help in learning to speak the Spanish language for free, my satisfaction level decreases. I'm not saying there are no helpful resources on the internet for learning Spanish free of charge, I'm sure there are some great ones. However, I have not found many. I do know of one that comes from Spain by a young married couple at (Notes in Spanish), which offers a pretty good resource, although I have visited only occasionally. (I just redescovered another great site that I had forgotten about, even though a friend had shown it to me before: 123 Teach Me -Free Spanish Lessons!)

So, here I've been making my own lessons... and you know what I have discovered? I learn much faster when I make up my own course!! I didn't know how this would work out when I started it, but it has helped me a great deal in the last week and a half. So here is my third lesson. Free for all!

(And note: My lessons probably contain a lot of mistakes I don't know about. I would appreciate being informed if any are discovered. And all my blogs and writing always center around God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and His Word the Bible, so my lessons contain this naturally as well). Enjoy!


Lección 3: hablar y decir

Lesson 3: to speak and to say


1. Conjugating hablar: to speak

(yo) hablo = I speak, (tú) hablas = you speak, (él/ella/usted) habla = (he/she/you formal) speaks, (nosotros/-as) hablamos = we speak, (ellos/ellas/ustedes) hablan = they speak and you all (ustedes) speak.

Por ejemplo: Hablo inglés. I speak English. Hablas muy bien. You speak very well. Hablan de muchas cosas allí. They speak of many things there. Hablamos español también. We speak Spanish too. Hablas demasiado rápido. You speak too fast. Hablo despacio. I speak slowly. Juan habla despacio, pero María habla muy rápido. John speaks slowly, but Maria speaks very fast. Hablan demasiado. They speak too much. ¿Ustedes hablan inglés? Do you (plural) speak English? Queremos hablar con ustedes. We want to speak with you (plural).

2. Conjugar decir: to say or to tell

(yo) digo = I say, (tú) dices = you say, (él/ella/usted) dice = (he/she/you formal) say, (nosotros/-as) decimos = we say, (ellos/ellas/ustedes) dicen = they say and you all (ustedes) say.

Por ejemplo: Digo que hay tiempo suficiente. I say there’s enough time. ¿Qué dicen? What do they say? Decimos la misma cosa. We say the same thing. Dice que podemos ir en una hora. He says that we can go in an hour. Julia dice que cree que no. Julia says that she doesn't think so. ¿Qué dices tú? What do you say? ¡No digo eso! I don't say that! "De cierto, de cierto te digo, que el que no naciere de nuevo, no puede ver el reino de Dios." (Juan 3:3). "Certainly, certainly I say to you, that he that is not born again cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3).

Frases importantes notar, important phrases to note:

¿Cómo se dice? = How do you say?

¿Qué quiere decir? = What does it mean?

Se dice así... You say it like this...

Por ejemplo: ¿Cómo se dice eso en inglés? How do you say that in English? ¿Qué quiere decir pollo en inglés? What does pollo mean in English? Se dice chicken en inglés. You say Chicken in English.

Pruebín: (Some questions may require the use of a Spanish-English dictionary or words contained on the flash cards)

1. What is the word for to speak?


2. What is the word for to say?


3. How would you ask, What does that mean?


4. Ask el señor (formal) to speak more slowly, please.


5. What is the word for we speak?


6. What is the word for we say?


7. Say to your friend, You speak English very well.


8. How do you say in Spanish, it says.?


9. What is the word for they speak?


10. What is the word for I say?


*Bonus: Using today's lesson and last weeks, make up 3 more sentences.

La tarea para lección 3:

1. Quote the Bible verse learned from last week.

2. Memorize another Bible verse and quote it smoothly without looking.

Click Here to Print these Lessons Free:

~ Lesson 1: Pronombres, Querer y Ir

~ Lesson 2: Vivir y Tener


~ Lesson 3:
Hablar y Decir

No comments: