Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spanish Podcasts, Hindi, Chinese and other tongues

As my search for free language learning resources continues, I've found a number of helpful podcasts.

Here is a list of podcasts in Spanish that offer free listening on some of their programs, while the course materials are usually for sale. These are great for some quick help.

I also found an excellent podcast for learning Hindi here at ISpeakHindi.com.

I learned from there how to say Hello = Namaste, and how to say Nice to meet you = Ap se mil ke ach cha-laga.

I also found some chinese podcasts that I need to check into some more.

One thing I learned is that Chinese is a lot different from our language, because words and meanings depend heavily on the tone (like a musical note) of the word being pronounced.

Very interesting! :D

No comments: