Friday, August 5, 2011

Languages Update

In the past year, I have successfully been able to communicate very well in Spanish. I still need to interact more in Spanish in order to improve my ability to speak the language. But I can at least now say that I'm bilingual. So... Yay! Praise God for answering my prayer and granting me this ability!

I have also taken up the study of New Testament Greek grammar. This has been a slow process, since Koine Greek is pretty complex. Yet it is exciting to learn and be able to read small parts of the New Testament in its original language.

I put Old Testament Hebrew on hold this year.

I also began learning Italian. I found LiveMocha.com to be a great resource for learning and practicing the Italian language. At Live Mocha, you can review people's English and receive reviews from native speakers in the language you are learning. It is great.

I also am learning German grammar with a little pocket guide for grasping Deutsch im schnellgang! (German in a hurry). I also found some good podcasts on Itunes for learning German as well.

All this language learning, you might think, would make one's head spin! But it's the opposite. I find it motivating and exciting to learn the languages of other people, especially in order to communicate the greatest news I've ever heard, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ, my Lord. I hope and pray He will give me opportunities through this to bless others.

No comments: