Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The New Birth Spanish Tract, part 2

I am here continuing my translation of LA ENSAÑANZA DE CRISTO ACERCA DEL NUEVO NACIMIENTO by L. R. Shelton, Jr.... again, my translation is in blue type following the spanish in red:


De la misma manera fué en mi nacimiento espiritual por el Espíritu Santo. Me encontraba pasivo en mi concepción mientras Él plantaba la Palabra de vida en mi corazón (1 Pedro 1:23), por lo tanto me dió una nueva naturaleza (2 Pedro 1:4). Nada tuve que ver en ésto. Pero, tan pronto había vuelto a nacer, comencé a clamar a Dios en Cristo; comencé a arrepentirme y acudir a Dios por mis pecados, a creer, confiar y buscar a Cristo y a Su preciosa salvación y a clamar por la justicia de Dios en Cristo. Estuve activo por lo que Dios había hecho en mi corazón a través del nuevo nacimiento. Un hombre no puede convertirse, ni puede ser salvo, ni arrepentirse, ni creer hasta que se le haya impartido vida antes por el Espíritu Santo, resucitado de la sepultura del pecado (Efesios 2:1) y habérsele dado un nuevo corazón (Ezequiel 36:26) y una nueva naturaleza en el nuevo nacimiento. Entonces y sólo entonces puede haber arrepentimiento con el corazón quebrantado por causa de sus pecados como estando en contra de Dios, viendo belleza y gloria en Cristo por lo cual está dispuesto a abandonar el pecado y acercarse a Cristo aceptándolo como Señor y Salvador, Rey y Libertador, en verdadera fé salvadora. Como verás, el nuevo nacimiento y la conversión no son lo mismo: en el nuevo nacimiento el pecador se encuentra en estado pasivo; en la conversión, por la gracia de Dios, el pecador se encuentra activo según clama a Dios arrepentido y con fé. Y ésto continúa en sus días.


It was the same way in my spiritual birth by the Holy Spirit. I was found passive in my conception while He planted the Word of life in my heart (1 Peter 1:23), therefore I was given a new nature (2 Peter 1:4). I had nothing to do with this. But, as soon as I had begun to be born, I began to cry to God in Chirst; I began to repent of and to go to God for my sins, to believe, to trust and to seek Christ and His precious salvation and to cry for the righteousness of God in Christ. I was active because of what God had done in my heart through the new birth. A man cannot be converted, nor be saved, nor repent, nor believe until life is first imparted to him by the Holy Spirit, raising him from the grave of sin (Ephesians 2:1) and he is given a new heart (Ezekiel 36:26) and a new nature in the new birth. Then and only then can there be repentance with the heart broken because of his sins which stand against God, seeing beauty and glory in Christ he is thus ready to abandon sin and to draw near to Christ accepting Him as Lord and Savior, King and Liberator, in true saving faith. As you see, the new birth and conversion are not the same: in the new birth the sinner is found in a passive state; in conversion, by the grace of God, the sinner is found active as he cries to God in repentance and faith. And he continues in this all his days.

No comments: